I got this recipe from The Vegetarian Ginger, and love how simple it is. Below is my slightly tweaked – and even simpler, because I’m no cook – version.
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 2 tsp. grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celcius.
- Cut top off tomato and hollow out insides.
- Shave a small amount off base of tomato if necessary to get it to stand upright.
- Sprinkle half the herbs and cheese inside the tomato.
- Crack egg into centre of tomato.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and herbs on top.
- Bake in centre of oven for 30 minutes.