Monthly Archives: March 2012
In Firefox you can search the internet by typing keywords into the browser address bar. To change the search engine provider (EG: Bing, Google…) do the following;
- Open a new tab and type about:config into the address bar.
- On the warning that appears, click I’ll be careful, I promise.
- In the search box at the top of the page type keyword.URL.
- Right click on the keyword.URL entry that comes up and choose Modify.
- Enter one of the following depending on your preference;
- Google: http://www.google.com/search?&q=
- Yahoo: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=
- Ask: http://www.ask.com/web?q=
- Bing: http://www.bing.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=